RAW Recap (3/30/15):
(Published on 3/30/15)
The RAW after Wrestlemania is always a classic. Let us get ready for this amazing ride!
- Well, the crowd in San Jose is clearly HOT tonight. That was one of the largest pops I have ever heard for Brock Lesnar. It reminds me of his return in 2012. I don’t know how many times I need express it but Stephanie McMahon is tremendous at being a heel towards the crowd. This was a great opening segment. #SuplexCity.
- The IC Title looks great on Daniel Bryan. This is going to be a great match against Dolph Ziggler. Did Bad News Barrett now envoke his rematch claws on Ziggler? I think that the anwswer is that Barrett wants to try commentating. That probably isn’t the actual anwer.
- Daniel Bryan defeated Dolph Ziggler to retian the IC Title. Another great match between these two. I cannot say enough about these two great wrestlers. Bad News Barrett also did a great job on the mic and didn’t overstay his welcome like the likes of R-Truth who doesn’t even talk about the match. The attach afterwards was good and the return of Sheamus put him right into the IC Title picture. The heel turn was well recieved by the crowd and was needed by all means but what the **** was wrong with his hair. I am so glad the crowd started the “You look stupid chants.” He did. Very much. Very well done by everyone in this segment though.
- Does anyone think that Sheamus and Erick Rowan will be a tag team? They can call them the white people.
- The Lucha Dragons are about to bring new life into the tag division. What does this mean for the NXT tag division. I love the NXT chants!
- The Lucha Dragons and the New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) defeated the Brass Ring Club and the Ascension. I guaruntee that Cesaro’s job tonight was to make Kalisto look good. By goly, he did! What tremendous acrobatic skills be Kalisto. I cannot remember a time I saw that. He didn’t even do that in NXT. I love JBL’s comment (for once) that Kofi Kingston was the only one in ring who didn’t come from NXT. They are putting that over hard tonight. Oh and don’t forget about the New Day Sucks chant that Xavier Woods keeps leading and the broadcast team kept pimping it and saying any reaction is a good reaction. I guess that is true. Great action in this match.
- They are having the WWE World Heavyweight title match next? #SuplexCity.
- This is a great RAW so far.
- They showed an Adrian Neville vignette and I am super excited.
- I don’t know if it is the same on your TV, but there is this super weird Taco Bell commercial with a grandma showing off her boobs to her husband. Avoid at all costs.
- Holy crap! Brock Lesnar is a beast. Well, like we didn’t already know that. Seth Rollins measling out and then Brock Lesnar’s complete demolition of the braodcast team and the camera ate up the crowd and had me going, “This is awesome!” myself. I could have done without the indefitie suspension though. We will see how it goes. Are we going to get Renee Young for the rest of the night? I sure hope so and I also hope that the paramedic stuff doesn’t deflate the crowd because this crowd has been one of the best thus far. #SuplexCity.
- The backstage interview was good and I loved the agression from Stephanie. Brock is here female dog. #SuplexCity.
- Yes. Byron Saxton is here.
- Damien Mizdow defeated Stardust. Good booking here by the WWE having Mizdown go out after the Lesnar crush if you will. I am dissapointed that Saxton messed up and said Goldust instead of Stardust. The match was a little flat and so was the attack after. Please send ReneeYoung out there.
- The Taco Bell commercial is back on my TV. Make it stop!
- Adrian Neville defeated Curtis Axel. First off, I know that the WWE is now calling Adrain Neville by Neville, but I won’t be on here and that is for sure. Axel’s line about Axstreme Rules was great and this was a hot debut for Adrian Neville. I sure hope that WWE has a plan for him and that is why they called him up. Bryon Saxton is not doing a very good job right now.
- Thank goodness they sent out Jerry “The King” Lawler to send some life into the broadcast team.
- I love the sing-a-long “John Cena Sucks!”
- John Cena defeated Dean Ambrose to retain the U.S. Title. This was a great match and the crowd was treated to awesomeness. The one botched spot in the corner for the powerbomb made the crowd mad, but you can’t boo Ambrose. The A.A. sequence felt overused, especially in the end. The right person went over here because Cena just beat Rusev and you can’t have him lose the next night after that huge win.
- Finally, they acknowledge that Randy Orton is title contention after beating Seth Rollins at Wrestlemania.
- AJ Lee, Paige, and Naomi defeated Natalya and the Bellas. Not much I can say about this match except for the fact that I am glad that the divas are getting more time.
- Rusev defeated Goldust by submission. At least we know that Goldust didn’t retire after last night. It is sad that Goldust is now put in throw away matches.
- Roman Reigns, Ryback, and Randy Orton defeated Kane, the Big Show, and Seth Rollins. A freaking wave! This San Jose crowd is legendary! The match was very hot down the stretch and Roman Reigns getting bood by the hardcore fans hopefully tells the WWE something in the sense that Roman Reigns needs a change. Kane taking the loss protects Seth Rollins after his huge Wrestlemania moment last night. A world title match would have been a whole lot better, but I applaud the way WWE put on this show tonight. I couldn’t change the channel (except for during that Taco Bell commercial) because everything was top notch. #SuplexCity
Thanks for reading guys. Stay tuned for the Smackdown Lowdown this Thursday and be sure to listen to the Power Rankings and More podcast on Wednesday for an in-depth discussion on the WWE over the past couple of days.
Follow us on: