NBA Week 23 Power Rankings:
(Published on 4/1/15. Be sure to follow Power Rankigns and More on Twitter @PowerRank_More.)
With just two full weeks left in the 2014-2015 NBA Regular Season, every team is fighting for postion come playoff time. The Bucks, Heat, Celtics, Pacers, Hornets, Nets, and sadly…. the Pistons are all battling for playoff spots in the east while the Spurs, the Mavericks, the Thunder, the Pelicans, and the Suns are fighting for a tighter race in the west. With that being said, let us reveal the Week 23 NBA Power Rankings.
1. Golden State Warriors (61-13)
- I don’t know if there is really a team that can beat the Warriors come playoff time. I think that they will be the absolute best in my power rankings for the rest of the season.
2. Atlanta Hawks (56-19)
- For most of the middle of the season, the Hawks and the Warriors went back and forth to see who would be at the top. The Hawks have been losing games that they shouldn’t be ever since they clinched the 1 seed in the east. Losing to the Pistons and the Hornets just answer my claim.
3. Houston Rockets (50-24)
- The Rockets are starting to look like they could make a great playoff push and James Harden is averaging 27 points a game, so there isn’t stopping him. The only thing that might slow this team down is the loss of PG Patrick Beverley to season ending wrist surgery. It will certainly affect their defense.
4. Memphis Grizzlies (51-24)
5. LA Clippers (49-26)
- It is ok Chris Paul. Steph Curry does it to everyone.
6. San Antonio Spurs (48-26)
- The Spurs were the most underrated team on last week’s list and I am glad that I have them in the spot they are at now. They are 14-3 in there past 17 games. These old folks and defending champs are a THREAT.
7. Cleveland Cavaliers (48-27)
- Kevin Love says he would vote Russell Westbrook as MVP over LeBron James. Ouch! Great teammates, eh?
8. Portland Trail Blazers (48-25)
- Everyone say hello to this week’s underrated team!
9. Toronto Raptors (44-30)
10. Dallas Mavericks (45-29)
11. Chicago Bulls (45-29)
12. Oklahoma City Thunder (42-32)
- As soon as I learned that the Thunder lost their star player, Kevin Durant, I thought their season was over. Oklahoma City still has the triple-double in Russell Westbrook and that is something I want on my team.
13. Phoenix Suns (38-37)
- The Suns have lost 4 straight, yet they still remain in the 13 spot. Why? Well, this is just a reoccurring thing for the Suns and right now they are just in a small slump. They released A.J. Price which might mix things up for both their offense and defense, but who knows. Something that has contributed to this slump is the ankle injury for Brandon Knight. Hopefully, they will get him back soon.
14. New Orleans Pelicans (39-34)
- Look for these Pelicans to steal the eighth spot from the Thunder.
15. Washington Wizards (41-33)
- What happened to the Wizards? Maybe they weren’t very good in the first place. They still are good if you look at the Eastern Conference as a whole.
16. Milwaukee Bucks (36-38)
17. Miami Heat (34-40)
18. Brooklyn Nets (33-40)
- What a week for the Brooklyn Nets. They actually had a winning streak for a change with four straight.
19. Utah Jazz (33-41)
- So much for the Jazz making the playoffs. Better luck next year. Ha! That was funny.
20. Boston Celtics (33-41)
21. Indiana Pacers (32-42)
- The Pacers got their hopes up that Paul George would be back this past week. That didn’t happen as you can see by their record.
22. Charlotte Hornets (31-42)
23. Detroit Pistons (29-45)
- The Pistons are still from Detroit and are somehow still in the Eastern Conference playoff hunt.
24. Denver Nuggets (28-46)
25. Sacramento Kings (26-47)
26. Orlando Magic (22-52)
27. LA Lakers (20-53)
- The Lakers somehow managed to get to 20 wins, so props to them.
28. Philadelphia 76ers (18-57)
29. Minnesota Timberwolves (16-58)
30. New York Knicks (14-60)
- Does anyone think that Kentucky can beat the Knicks?
Thanks you guys so much for reading this week and remember pimping ain’t easy!Share this post on:
Follow us on: